Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Buiding Online Communities & Social Bookmarking using Delicious and Sharing Blogs - Module 7


I have mastered the macaron, with  the perfect pied - Adrian Zumbo & Hisako Ogita would be impressed! These are a dark chocolate chip macaron with a chocolate and peanut butter ganache which is my husbands favourite flavour

These macarons are "Delicious" which is coincidentally the name of the online book marking tool. I had not previously taken the time to explore this tool, even though I had heard many teachers make reference to its usefulness, but now I am truly converted! To have access to my favourite websites on any computer at any time is fantastic. Furthermore, I see so many students that are not able to effectively carry our research to locate reliable and valid resources on the Internet. If there was a class account that students could contribute to, I could regularly check the websites they are using to ensure that they are more than just an endless list of Wikipedia entries. I think this tool would be very valuable for seniors, especially in the context of giving students links to the most recent articles relevant to the syllabus material because technology in science changes and advances so rapidly. I would also like to see our KLA establish a common account, we could annotate the sites and classify them according to the units of work. This would cut out time in searching for material and over a period of time build a very resourceful virtual library.

One down side is that I do not like the way the Tags appear in the tool bar, but I am sure that is just a settings issue, one that i am yet to sort out!

No comments:

Post a Comment