Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Creating and Communicating Online - Module 5

Inspired by Gourmet Traveller, this is a triple chocolate cheesecake on a sable base, topped with hazelnut praline - it takes two days to create but it was in celebration of my brothers engagement, so it was worth every complex minute!

I am not a visual learner, I love to methodically write notes in concise point form but I do realize that many students are more engaged when presented the opportunity to draw what they know. I started using Bublus in Term one and have found that  it is a great tool for creating unit summaries or at the beginning of a unit as a diagnostic assessment. I can then save the mind maps and give students access to them. I have also set the creation of a mind map for homework for junior students and it is interesting to see what they have learned by the end of a unit of work!

I have not yet had the chance to create a Prezi for the classroom. I think it is also an innovative tool for visual learners because they program can show relationships between the information being presented, I am apprehensive about implementing the program (as opposed to traditional PowerPoint) because I get a little motion sick when the presentation moves too fast.

Here is an example of a map that we created as a class in Senior Science:

No comments:

Post a Comment