Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Managing Your Flow of Information on the Internet - Module 8

Maybe its because I am nearly finished Web 2.0, but I these little Christmas gingerbread men make me feel so festive! They are a modification of Mrs Fields recipe and are always enjoyed :)

RSS feeds are fantastic tools for teachers and possible even keen students. I have been using RSS feeds for two websites this year, the Board of Studies (BOS) and ScienceAlert. The BOS ensure that I keep abreast of syllabus changes while ScienceAlert refers recently published articles in my area of interest (a good site for those keen students!). RSS feeds are definitely a great way to keep on top of new information without me physically logging onto websites and checking for changes weekly. RSS feeds would also be useful if I decided to utilize blogging in the classroom, as I could quickly be altered when a student has made a contribution to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment